Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering at The Welcome Centre. We are currently recruiting for collection driver volunteers, warehouse volunteers and phone referral volunteers; read on to find out more about these roles and how to apply.
- This role requires driving, manual handling of stock, and acting as an external representative of The Welcome Centre when interacting with our supporters in the community.
- Currently, we specifically need drivers who are available weekly on either Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday mornings (10am – 1pm). If you would like to find out more about the role or apply, please email [email protected]
Our warehouse volunteers perform an important role receiving incoming donations of goods directly from members of the public and other supporters, sorting incoming donations through our stock system, and assisting our drivers with loading and unloading of vehicles. This role is based at our warehouse at Queens Mill Industrial Estate, Lockwood.
- This role requires manual handling of stock, and acting as a positive ambassador for The Welcome Centre when interacting with supporters making donations.
- Currently, we specifically need warehouse volunteers who are available on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings (10.15am – 1.15pm). If you would like to find out more about the role or apply, please email [email protected]
Phone referral volunteers
Our phone referral volunteers perform an important role taking incoming referrals for client support from more than 100 local agencies. Phone referral volunteers are required to take incoming referrals over the phone and record the referral information concisely and accurately using our referral software system. This role is based at our Lord Street offices.
- This role requires good verbal and written communication skills, a good phone manner, and computer skills. Full training for the role will be provided.
- Currently, we need phone referral volunteers who can commit weekly to at least one morning shift (10am – 1pm) or afternoon shift (1pm – 4.30pm), any day Monday to Friday.
- If you would like to find out more about the role or apply, please email [email protected]